A cemetery is more than just a plot of land in which bodies are laid to rest. It’s a vital piece of a community’s heritage, a legacy shared by those whose families have lived, loved, worked and died in the area. A walk through a cemetery can tell you a lot about the community it serves and about the changes in society itself.
Touring the grounds at Chapel of the Chimes Hayward, one is struck by the incredible natural beauty. Sweeping views of the Bay Area and lush pastoral scenes evoke feelings of peace and well-being. Perhaps even more striking is the way the park reflects not only evolving tastes in memorialization but also the rich diversity of the area.
The East Bay is one of the most culturally and ethnically diverse places in the nation. In fact, Hayward is the second-most diverse area in the state, according to Census figures. With that diversity comes a wide range of faith traditions, including Christianity, Judaism, Islam, LDS, Buddhism, Mahayana, Baha’i, Hindu, Sikh, Mahayana and more.
Having served this community since 1872, Chapel of the Chimes Hayward has experience in the funeral customs of different faiths and cultures, and we strive to meet the needs of every family with sensitivity and compassion.
No matter how you choose to be memorialized, there is a place for you:
- Our Cyprus Garden features private mausoleums. A very exclusive option to create a lasting legacy, these family mausoleums, companion mausoleums and private cremation estates can be tailored to your needs and designed to reflect your family’s vision.
- In the Garden of Hope, your family can have a beautiful, private space. This personal space has room for up to eight burials, with individualized upright granite monuments to serve as a touchpoint for future generations.
- Our Hillside area overlooks the On a clear day, you can see San Francisco from this beautiful spot. Here, you’ll find single and side-by-side mausoleums for those who choose above-ground entombment.
- Our Brookside Cremation Garden is beautifully landscaped, with water features and peaceful surroundings. Many memorialization options include single and side-by-side mausoleums.
- The Garden of Tranquility features the state’s only round mausoleum. This beautiful structure also serves as a columbarium and features a luminous, stained-glass domed atrium. It’s set within the lush gardens of our memorial park and can accommodate both urns and caskets.
At Chapel of the Chimes Hayward, we’ve built our reputation on quality, sincerity and trust, providing exceptional service that celebrates the life of each individual and respects the wishes of every family. Call today at (510) 400-8316, drop by for a tour of our facilities or simply enjoy the natural beauty of our grounds.